Do you have a special project in mind? Need some seed money to get things started?
I encourage you to apply for one of the new special projects grants being offered by MA-ASTA. We want to help bring your ideas to life.
The results of our open meeting survey are in. There were some great suggestions for future initiatives, including:
- Annual dinner/event for networking.
- Media-art competition, for example, "How does playing your instrument influence your life?"
- Mentorship for new teachers
- String Orchestra Festival
- Grants to attend national summer workshops
- Ways to share teaching resources with others in the region...Dropbox or Website
- Website location to share questions and thoughts about teaching
We have already begun to address some of these ideas through our Website (Studio Teacher Forum videos and downloadable handouts), and the Facebook page (for open, ongoing discussions about teaching issues). The board hopes to discuss all of your proposals at the next meeting (4/11).
It was surprising to learn how few people use the MA-ASTA Website as a resource, and how many are unaware of the programs we offer. Please take advantage of the Facebook page and the Website, as well as the suggestions box.
We look forward to hearing from you,