The many greetings I received on Thanksgiving revealed how music has extended my family to include my students (both past and present) and colleagues. You have profoundly affected my life, and for that I am truly thankful. I hope you all had a wonderful holiday.
Well, back to business. Here are a few updates:
Meetings and Social Events
- There will be a reception at All State on March 20, at 5:00pm. The annual MA-ASTA awards will be announced at this event. (Don't forget to send in your nominations for these honors.)
- There will be a cocktail reception for MA-ASTA members at the national conference in Kentucky. We hope to see you there!
- The annual open board meeting will be Thursday, April 10, 2014, at 6:30pm. It will be held at Bertucci's in Waltham (475 Winter Street)..
- There will be an open house in early June at my home in Newton.
- MA-ASTA is offering one-year, free memberships to higher education students with a focus in music education and/or string pedagogy. Students must be sponsored by a current MA-ASTA member.
- Again, we encourage you to get your students involved in the solo, chamber, and composition competitions this year. Guidelines can be found on the website.
Join the Massachusetts ASTA Facebook page and keep the conversations going!
All the Best,