- The 1st Annual MA-ASTA Solo Competition will take place Saturday, March 15. The finals, which are open to the public, are at 6:30pm in Seully Hall, at The Boston Conservatory, 8 The Fenway, Boston. Come cast your vote for the audience favorite prize, and join us for a reception following the concert.
- This week is your last chance to send nominations for our annual Studio Teacher and Orchestra Director of the Year Awards. Don't miss this opportunity to voice your appreciation for the great work done by your colleagues. The chapter is pleased to offer a one year free ASTA membership with the honor. Please send your nominations to Deanna Leedy.
- We are pleased to announce the winners of the 2nd Annual MA-ASTA Composition Competition. Our First prize winner is Jonathan Russ for his composition House for viola and piano. Honorable mention goes to Hilary Purrington for the solo viola work, Siren. The competition was judged anonymously by the distinguished composer, Scott Wheeler. The winning works will soon be available through this website.
- The next Studio Teacher Forum, Healthy Beginnings, film interviews with George Neikrug, given by Ellen McKinney will be Monday, March 24, 12:00-2:00pm, at the Boston University College of Fine Arts, 855 Comm. Ave. Boston, MA
- A reception for MA-ASTA members will be held Thursday, March 6, at 6:15pm, at the 2014 ASTA Conference in Louisville, room tba. We hope to see many of you there.
- There will also be a reception Thursday, March 20, at 5:00pm, at the MMEA All-State Festival, at the Seaport Hotel/World Trade Center, Boston, MA, room tba.
- Orchestra Reading of Dvorak Symphony No. 9 and Schumann Manfred Overture- with Pizza
- Suzuki Violin Unit Three Teacher Training