The annual open meeting will be held at 6:30pm, Thursday, April 10, at Bertucci's, 475 Winter Street, Waltham, MA 02451. Please join us for some business, some socializing and dinner, hosted by the MA-ASTA board. The Studio Teacher and Orchestra Director of the Year Awards will be presented. The Julius Quartet, winners of the first annual MA-ASTA Chamber Music Competition, will also be there
Please RSVP if you are able to attend.
We look forward to seeing you,
We are pleased to announce the winners of the 1st biennial MA-ASTA Solo Competition. We are grateful to all the teachers and students who made this first competition a success, and also wish to extend a special thanks to our sponsors for their generous support. Our distinguished judges were Randall Hodgkinson and Rictor Noren for the preliminary round and Steven Lipsitt and Jonathan Miller for the finals. The results were as follows:
- Grand Prize: Alex Kucich, guitar ($550, sponsored by BSO)
- Second Prize: Eric Hollander, viola (Coda Viola Bow from Coda Bow, $655 value)
- Audience Favorite: Esther Pak, violin ($250 gift certificate – Johnson String Instruments)
- Honorable Mentions: Abigail Lorimier, Dillon Robb, Faye Yang ($150 each, sponsored by BSO)
- Best Performance of the 2013 MA-ASTA Composition Competition Winner (Salkind-Pearl): Dillon Robb, violin ($100, sponsored by MA-ASTA).
- Best Contemporary Performance, Senior Division: Dillon Robb, violin ($100, sponsored by Sharan Leventhal)
- Preliminary Round Musicality Award: Faye Yang, violin ($300, sponsored by Rictor Noren)
- Best Contemporary Performance, Junior Division: Afareen Jaleel, violin ($100, sponsored by Sharan Leventhal)
- Preliminary Round Honorable Mention: Ava Hosea, violin (Presto Ovation Violin Bow, from Shar Music, $289 value)
- Preliminary Round Honorable Mention: Emma Churchill, cello ($100, sponsored by Indian Hill and Sharan Leventhal)
- 2 Boston Philharmonic Orchestra tickets: Hannah Rubin, cello ($200 value, from BPO)
- 2 Boston Philharmonic Orchestra tickets: Mary Rzepczynski, violin ($200 value, from BPO)
- 2 Indian Hill Concert tickets: Nathan Geurkink, cello ($70 value, from Indian Hill)
- $25 gift certificate from Spectrum Music: Reuben Ramos, bass
Many thanks to Johnson String Instrument for hosting the reception at All State on March 20th. A good time was had by all.
String Teacher Opening in Hanover, NH/Norwich, VT
Unaccompanied Bach Workshop
Strings Teacher Opening in Hanover, NH and Norwich, VTStrings Teacher Opening in