MA-ASTA MASTERS Application Deadline EXTENDED to March 12th
2018 MA-ASTA MASTERS
Saturday, March 17th, 2018
Final Round Recital 4 PM Seully Hall
Boston Conservatory at Berklee
8 Fenway, Boston, MA 02215
presented by the Massachusetts Chapter (MA-ASTA) of the American String Teachers Association (ASTA).
- Open to young string players (25 and under as of the competition) performing on Violin, Viola, Cello, Bass, Harp and Guitar.
- The competitors perform either in the Junior or Senior Division.
- There are two rounds to the event, a Preliminary Round performed for a panel of judges and a Final Round performed for the public and judges at a concert.
- During the Preliminary Round students perform Repertoire of their choice in Baroque, Classical & Contemporary styles (categories adjusted for Guitar & Harp). Finalists chosen to proceed perform a solo work of their choice in the Final Round.
- Senior Division Cellists & Guitarists perform winners of the 2015 & 2017 MA-ASTA MASTERS Composition Competition.
- There are numerous prizes, both cash and merchandise provided by sponsors and MA-ASTA.
- This solo competition is a showcase for ASTA members or students of ASTA members residing or studying in Massachusetts and Rhode Island. See our Become a Member page for more details.
- Official Guidelines and Entry Form are online.